... I would change nothing.
Michelle and I were talking today and this came up as a topic.
Now, of course this isn't the first time, nor the last time this question will be asked. And not surprisingly I was thinking about this very question a few days ago. So I answered her the same way I came up with my answer:
I would not change a single thing.
Sure I regret things.. I could have been a better sister growing up, a better daughter, maybe I could have been nicer to that person..
I remember reading a short story in high school English class, called "A Sound of Thunder" (had to Google it: my memory isn't that good!!). Which talks about the butterfly effect.
So won't altering my past effect who I am today?
Would I not talk to someone and avoid being friends with them because we end up falling out? Would I not date someone because they broke my heart? Would I not be kind to someone because I know they will end up using me?
No.
Because even though I have regrets and painful memories... they are still memories, still experiences. I've learned from all of those things and they made me who I am today. They made me stronger, kinder and more appreciative of all the wonderful people around me.
So, no. I will not look back into the past to see what I COULD have changed. Those are the building blocks that became me.
And I am still building, there's so much future ahead! So much more to see and to try. With these, I'll try to become the best person I can be.
So bring it on life, I can take you.
(it's fucking 2AM.. and I don't know if I make any more sense. but screw editing)
I would prevent my father's death
ReplyDelete